How might You tell if You are resisting and shutting yourself down to receiving psychic information. This is more common than You might think. Not everyone wants to know something and not have a clear sense of where the information came from. Especially in our culture, where the word psychic still brings up the thoughts of parlor tricks and the discomforting unexplainable.
I can not speak for everyone because each individual is different and experiences are personally perceived.
1. Head aches are prominent in psychic resistance but You might have any number of physical aches and pains due to physical tightening to literally try to close chakras (energy centers on the physical body). These energy centers are where most psychic information comes into the body. Chakra healing and balancing DVD
2. Lack of deep relaxing sleep because psychic information comes to You at night when You are more (this one is double edged, because if You are very psychically sensitive then sleep can be disturbed by information coming in as well).
3. An individual that is uncomfortable with and not wanting to be psychic may choose to be alone, avoiding people, especially large groups. There is just to much information to shut out when around large groups of people. This can be challenging for those people accepting of their psychic skills unless they are familiar with protective and grounding techniques.
4. Acknowledged or not there is a sense of being dis-connected from self and others when You shut down to picking up the extra sensory information that is always there whether You take advantage of it or not.
5. If You are depressing any part of yourself, like your ability to sense things on a deeper level, then it is inevitable that You will experience some level of depression in all of your systems, sometimes a lot. So psychic suppression can show up as some degree of depression.
6. Repetitive nightmares that are not coherent. What is there to say about this? It is a toss up between accepting yourself as psychic and the discomfort in experiencing this type of psychic holding regularly. Your choice every time.
7. Many things will just not resonate. You may be part of a religious group and the ideas they are sharing may just not feel or seem right to You but You will not be able to explain why. Or You may just find yourself knowing and having faith in something without being able to understand why.
I have found over the years as I have gone from semi resistant to my psychic skills to openly accepting them, that these symptoms have abated. I also noticed that when I spent energy resisting the information that I was receiving, that some of the darker denser energies that were bothersome or scary would be the toughest ones to block. When I started opening up to the skills I had, I noticed that the information was more balanced. I still often receive some darker energies but I also am much more aware of the lighter less dense energies that are a joy to receive and share.
It is hard to let go of beliefs sometimes. If You believe that the experience of psychic skills and abilities is wrong or bad for You then You may have to learn to live with your symptoms. If You are ready to acknowledge the abilities that come from extra sensory perception then go slow, open up to the idea of being psychic and see what happens to You and what symptoms just disappear.
We can help here at Psychic Potentials with solidly based practical ways to assist You in developing your psychic abilities. Click Here to Learn More